Tuesday 27 September 2011

Young love and rejection: addicted to a certain kind of sadness

Young love: it’s a good thing, when it works. When it doesn’t it destroys you and when its all you have been hanging on to it hurts so much more. I wrote this while getting over some a person.  It’s the story of some one just me who just can't give up, just can't forget even though he knows its useless. It’s sad poem that I contains broken hearts and shattered hopes.

Addicted to a certain kind of sadness
“Your love will never be mine”
In my head this is crystal clear,
But my heart is still clinging to that sliver of hope.
The hope, the dream you could be mine.

The sadness hurts but the hope hurts more.
But I can’t seem to give up on it.
I am addicted to a certain kind of sadness,
It’s called you

“The quicker you realise, the quicker it healing starts”
But how can you change your feelings for some one?
Especially ones so strong

Yes the sadness hurts
But I can’t bring myself to let go of that tiny bit of hope
That has been keeping me going.

I’m addicted to the pain
I’m addicted to the sadness
I’m addicted to you  

No comments:

Post a Comment