Thursday 15 December 2011

The Dark Side of me


The Dark Side of me
I sit there alone, not a smile to my bone
My voice a harsh whispered tone.
Slashes on my wrists, arms and hands, my mouth in a bloody grin.
... My whole life like I had committed a terrible sin.
Your voice an annoying buzz, false tone, true lies.
If I could speak, I’d say in an almighty sigh.
“ Stop it with the sympathy and pretending to care,
I can see the real you through the false stare
I don’t want your help, your manners, your good grace,
Just say it, you hate me. I can see it in your face.
You’re wasting my time don’t you see?
Don’t look so surprised, this is the dark side of me”


By Samantha Montrose

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a very good poem! I think the persona's anger and own struggle/fight. The imagery of the "bloody grin" was particularly effective to achieve this, I think. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete